Conference Overview Page
"Make it a Week of Plastic Recycling" with SPE's Plastics Environmental Division.
Plastic Recycling Conference: March 11-12, 2014 in Orlando, Fl.
GPEC 2014: March 12 - 14 in Orlando, FL
The Society of Plastics Engineers' (SPE) Plastics Environmental Division (PED) is excited to present this year's Global Plastics Environmental Conference (GPEC®). The theme of GPEC 2014 is "It's a Green World After All" with focus on the unique blend of recycling, reclamation and bioplastics.
GPEC 2014 will be held back-to-back at the same location with The Plastics Recycling Conference “The Voice of Plastic Recycling.” The Plastic Recycling Conference will be held March 11-12 (Tuesday/Wednesday). GPEC will be held Wednesday to Friday. The joint Connections Reception is on Wednesday evening.
GPEC 2014 will highlight 30 technical papers which will give you a chance to learn about advances, new technologies, and innovations for plastics sustainability and recycling with a unique blend of recycling, reclamation and bio-plastics.
The GPEC 2014 program will also includes Environmental Stewardship Awards, Student Poster competition, and the Exhibition area will give you a chance to meet face-to-face with many organizations involved in the plastics recycling and sustainability industry.
Connections Reception (Wednesday, March 12th)
This is time to network with your fellow plastics professionals in the plastics industry, as well as to speak with exhibitors on the products, processes, and/or materials that they represent. Don't overlook this opportunity that is unique to our industry.
Featured Speakers for GPEC 2014:
- Plenary Speaker: Mike Biddle, President and Founder, MBA Polymers
- Topic: Marine Plastic Waste
- Featured Speaker: Dr. Susan Selke, Professor & Associate Director, School of Packaging, Michigan State University
- Topic: Independent Study on the Claims of Oxobiodegradable Additives
- Featured Speaker: Dr. Pat Smith, Research Scientist, Michigan Molecular Institute
- Topic: Update on the Status of the Bio-based Industry
- Featured Speaker: Mark Jones, Dow Chemical Company
- Topic: The Four Dimensional Product: Integration Over Time is the Only Way to Understand Sustainability
- Featured Speaker: Eric Connell, Sr. Engineer, Toyota
- Topic: Challenges to Using Recycled and Renewable Materials in Automotive Applications
"The State of Plastics Recycling, Opportunities, Technology and Markets" – Panel Discussion
- Jonathan Levy, Director, ISRI (Institute of Scrap Recyclers Industry)
- Bob Peoples, Executive Director, CARE (Carpet America Recovery Effort)
- Lou Tacito, President, Plastics Forming Enterprises
- Dennis Denton, Chairman & CEO, Denton Plastics